Ever wanted to see someone’s WhatsApp Status update without being noticed? Well, we all have gone through that phase. WhatsApp Status is a very fun thing because it gives you the opportunity to share your stuff with your contacts for a limited time. In WhatsApp case, it’s 24 hrs.
But sometimes we want to see someone’s status but we want to act like we didn’t see it. That’s where you think there should be a way to see that status without being seen. Well, the good news is there are not only one but four methods to achieve that.
I will walk you through with all the methods to see someone’s WhatsApp Status without being seen. Let’s get going…
Method 1: Turn Off the Read Receipts
This is the official feature provided by WhatsApp in the Privacy Settings. If you disable the Read Receipts option, you will be able to see WhatsApp Status Anonymously. let’s see how can you turn off Read Receipt.
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on the three dots at the upper right corner.
- Under Settings, go to Account Settings > Privacy Tab
- Turn Off the Read Receipts
- Start Whatsapp
- Tap on the Settings
- Under Settings, go to Account > Privacy
- Turn Off the Read Receipts
Now you can see anyone’s WhatsApp Status without being seen but there is another side to this feature:
- After turning off the Read Receipts if someone sends you a message, double ticks won’t turn into blue so they won’t know that you have seen the message.
- Secondly, you won’t be able to see who saw your Status either. But there is a solution to it, you turn off the Read Receipts temporarily only when you want to see the other contact’s status and make sure you keep it off till the status expires. Otherwise, that contact will be notified that you also saw his status and your secret will not be a secret anymore.
Method 2: Use WhatsApp Web
Many of you may don’t know what WhatsApp Web is, let me explain it to you.
It is a web version of WhatsApp to use it on PC or Laptop. You can log in to WhatsApp Web buy going to https://web.whatsapp.com and scanning the bar code with your phone’s WhatsApp.
Now, let’s see how can we view someone’s WhatsApp Status Anonymously using WhatsApp Web:
- Log in to WhatsApp Web in an Incognito/Private Window
- Click on the dashed circle in front of your Display Picture
- Now, disconnect the Internet on your PC
- Click on the status you want to see
- Close the Incognito Window after seeing the status, your status viewed activity and browsing data will be deleted.
- Reconnect the Internet.
Note: You will be able to see only Text WhatsApp Status. Images and Videos will not load as the Internet was not connected.
Method 3: File Manager
Most of the time WhatsApp downloads the images uploaded as status by your contacts to a hidden folder. To access that folder you need to have File Manager in your phone, if you don’t have it then download it from Playstore.
Here are the steps to see WhatsApp Image Status without being seen:
- Open File Manager
- From Settings, turn on “Show Hidden Files” feature
- Go to Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses
- Copy Photos to a different location
So now you can see the WhatsApp of any contact Anonymously. That’s all for today… Which method do you prefer? Do let us know in the comments…